From:
Mandy Langfald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:38:32 -0600
We will be changing out a few of our Native American case in the near
future and I would like to put a man's bone hair pipe breastplate and a
woman's bone hair pipe necklace/breastplate on display. I would really
like to hang these items in some way, I don't have room in the case to
lay them flat, but I have no idea how or if this is really even
possible. Every thing I think of seems like it will result in a lot of
stress on the neck of the pieces. The hair pipe is not plastic so as you
can imagine both pieces are fairly heavy, especially the woman's. Has
anyone out there had any success in this area? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Mandy Langfald
Curator of Collection
Wyoming State Museum