From:
"Via, Marie (MAG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:44:35 -0500
If anyone is willing to share their evaluation tools for temporary
exhibitions (specifically in art museums), I'd greatly appreciate it.
Currently, we ask visitors to rate their response to things like the
installation, lighting, readability of labels, interest in the particular
art objects, etc. but this is folded into a larger survey with a more
demographic focus (Age? Sex? Did you visit alone or with a group?  How often
to you visit the museum? Did you shop at the museum store or eat at the
restaurant while you were here?).  Although everybody in the field agrees
that attendance can't be the sole measure of an exhibition's success any
longer, it seems that we're all having trouble figuring out exactly how to
quantify what is often essentially an aesthetic experience.  Thanks in
advance for any feedback!

Marie Via, Curator of Exhibitions
Memorial Art Gallery
500 University Avenue