From:
Lauren Valone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2015 13:32:40 -0700
Dear Colleagues,

Please excuse the cross-postings.

Join your colleagues in San Jose on October 24-27, 2015 as WMA celebrates
its 80th Anniversary. This gathering of museum professionals looks toward
the future in a global city that is known for it's technological and
cultural transformations. Learn more about the 2015 Annual Meeting:
www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting.

Register today for WMA 2015 and save:
www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/registration

The 2015 Annual Meeting is guided by the theme *Listen • Learn • Lead*,
which encourages museum professionals to contemplate the foundation of what
museums do for their communities. Together, we will ask: Are we listening
to a diverse set of voices so our organizations are meeting actual needs?
How can we learn from and with our constituents? How can we become leaders?
Are our museums prepared to lead cultural evolution?

*The Early Bird Registration deadline is July 31, 2015. *Discounted Rates
are for members only. Learn more about membership here:
www.westmuse.org/membership

Highlights include:

*Learning Sessions: *Over 40 sessions are broken out into 7
interdisciplinary tracks in Business, Collections, Community Engagement,
Leadership/Careerpath, Technology, Visitor Experience and new this year,
Development. View the session agenda here:
www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/session-agenda

*Networking Events:* Get ready to uncover some of San Jose’s cultural gems!
Evening events offer a fantastic way to make deeper connections with your
peers under the backdrop of the city’s educational organizations. Whether
it’s networking peers in downtown, exploring the Children’s Discovery
Museum and History San Jose, going undercover at San Jose Museum of Art and
The Tech Museum of Innovation, entering nerdvana at the Computer History
Museum, there is certainly time to be inspired by your peers. Learn about
events here: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/events

One-of-a-kind Tours: Want to see cutting-edge interactives, view
large-scale sculptures on a picturesque hike, or visit a private collection
not available to the public? Three pre-conference tours at the 49ers
Museum, Runnymede Sculpture Farm, and Splendid Heritage Collection offer
opportunities to explore and learn about unique organizations. Learn about
tours here: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/events

Download the full WMA 2015 Preliminary Program:
www.westmuse.org//files/documents/WMA2015/WMA2015_Prelim-Program.pdf

Register now and save!

We know that you will enjoy reconnecting with old colleagues and meeting
new ones. Please join the WMA community in San Jose this October and
strengthen your network!

All the best,
Lauren

Lauren Valone