From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:45:10 -0500
It's in Spring Green, Wisconsin and worth the 15 dollar admission. I am
convinced it is the work of one of the townsfolk who hated Frank Lloyd
Wright because he never paid his bills. The house is a parody of Wright's
style - imagine FLW on LSD and you come pretty close.
There are also several miles of metal buildings snakeing through the
wooded area housing endless collections of doll houses, clocks, music
boxes, whole rooms containing mechanical orchestras, an airplane
hanger sized room for merry-go-rounds and on and on. Truely the disturbing
obsession of a madman! But be prepared to spend at least four hours
trapped in a maze with terrified children.

Mark Nielsen
Exhibit Designer/Preparator
University of Michigan Museum of Art
[log in to unmask]      313/647-2068