From:
Diana Zlatanovski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:28:37 -0500
I also highly recommend the Canon EOS Digital Rebel.  We recently
purchased one for a large amount of digital imaging and it has worked
out great.  The manual focus option really helps out, our old camera was
an autofocus only and I often couldn't get it to focus on detail shots.

You may want to note that, since this camera is an SLR, you cannot
frame the image you are about to take using the LCD screen on the back.
You must look through the viewfinder. The image can't be viewed on the
LCD screen until is has been taken.

Good Luck!
-Diana

**************************************
Diana Zlatanovski
Research Curator

Wisconsin Historical Society, Museum Division
816 State Street
Madison, WI 53706
(608) 264-6574

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/24 9:10 AM >>>
I am looking for a digital camera to digitize my collection database,
but
it will also be used to photograph objects for possible publication or
web
use.  I'd like something that has the ability to take raw or very high

quality jpg images, which is easy to use, and reasonably priced ($900
or
so).  Our collection consists of 1:12 scale (one inch = one foot)
miniature furniture and accessories, so a macro option is essential.  I
do
no currently have a card reader, and am open to cameras that take mini

CDs, zip disks, or memory sticks.  I have heard (from non-museum
sources)
that the Canon G series and the Sony Mavica are both excellent choices.

I'd love to hear your suggestions and experiences.
Amber

Amber Mohr
Curator/Collections Manager
The Kruger Collection