From:
"Craig M. Rosa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:31:00 PST
>>I wonder whether it is the younger members of museum-l who are more
>>interested in breaking it up, and the older ones who would prefer to keep
>>it whole.

I am in the under 30 set, and wish to see the list remain whole. Not sure
how one could discern age from an email... is breaking up a list a
particularly youthful activity?

Anyway, might I suggest people read their subject headings, and _delete_
messages that seem less important? You will never be able to read all of
your mail, especially if you subscribe to several lists. I know it sounds
draconian, but learn the skill of screening your mail now. I recieve 150+
messages a day. I read maybe 20 and kill the rest. No harm done. The power
is yours. :)

It would be a mistake to chop Museum-L into itty bitty pieces. We'll go
through tons of hassle, then everyone will give up in frustration.

I also suggest the listowner set a code of abbreviated subject headings (as
previously proposed) such as CUR: for Curatorial, COL:  for collections,
PROG: for programs, etc. This is a tried and true method of helping people
screen their mail, which works.

***     Craig M. Rosa
***     Exhibit Developer, The Tech Museum of Innovation
***     email> [log in to unmask]   vox> (408) 279-7133
***     WWW> http://www.thetech.org/    fax> (408) 279-7197