From:
Craig Rosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:06:54 -0700
|>Dear Friends:
|>
|>The Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) in Seattle is preparing for a
|>major new exhibit, "Fish and Chips: Nature, Culture and Technology on Puget
|>Sound".   The exhibit will examine how technological change impacts the
|>natural and cultural landscape. ...
|>Has anyone out there worked with similar concepts, content  or delivery
|>devices?  We are also considering working with local artists to create a
|>space for the community to respond to issues of technology  and culture in
|>their daily lives.

On a recent visit to The Minnesota History Center, a terrific prototype was
up that dealt with such issues. It was stuffing big plastic pig's feet into
glass jars, and people would time themselves (and race friends) to see how
many they could fit, and how quickly. This was compared to the rate the
workers hitorically had achieved, and gave some context to the overal
discussion of labor issues, working conditions, etc.

Even as a rough prototytpe it was a lot of fun.

Anyone from Minnesota want to add more?

 I can't remember the name of the hall in which the prototype was situated,
but there were a number of very clever and insightful exhibits regarding
labor and work.

Hope this helps,

***     Craig M. Rosa
***     Exhibit Developer, The Tech Museum of Innovation
***     email> [log in to unmask]   vox> (408) 279-7133
***     WWW> http://www.thetech.org/    fax> (408) 279-7197