From:
Janeen Burkholder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:19:46 -0600
I'm betting this topic has been discussed before, and if so please forgive this new subscriber asking again. We're the owner of a small historic home with that was the home of Mary Todd Lincoln's sister) and are developing policies for new interpreters. We have a policy of not allowing photography, but wonder if this is overly restrictive. We currently only have visitors touring a couple of times a week, though with the opening this year of the Abraham Presidential Library we are getting more visitors and we plan to promote harder. What are the policies of similar historic homes?

Janeen Burkholder
Volunteer Coordinator
Springfield Art Association
700 N. Fourth Street
Springfield, IL 62702
523-2631, ext. 207

Every experience deeply felt in life needs to be passed along, whether
it be through words and music, chiseled in stone, painted with a brush,
or sewn with a needle, it is a way of reaching for immortality.
--Thomas Jefferson

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.1/207 - Release Date: 12/19/05 ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).