From:
Josh Perelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:04:33 -0400
The National Museum of American Jewish History has launched an exciting
new initiative inviting the public to help us select the Jewish
Americans whose achievements will be recognized in the Museum's Only in
America gallery.  To participate, go to a new area of our website
http://onlyinamerica.nmajh.org.The Only in America gallery will be a
signature component of our core exhibition when the new Museum opens in
November, 2010.  Situated on the first floor of our iconic new building,
Only in America will examine the choices, challenges, and opportunities
faced by a remarkable group of a token 18 American Jews on their paths
to accomplishment.At the interactive Only in America polling website,
http://onlyinamerica.nmajh.org, you will have the opportunity to
review a list of 218 candidates organized by categories such as "arts
and entertainment," "sports," and "religion and thought." You can cast
your vote for 3 people in each of the 8 categories, and you will also be
able to write-in candidates you do not see included.Please take
advantage of this fun and thought-provoking opportunity to have input on
who is going to be featured in this area of our core exhibition. Feel
free to share this e-mail with your friends and family, as we are
counting on widespread participation in this poll in order to plan an
exciting and informative experience in the exhibition.  Online voting
ends on August 6, 2009.   Thank you!Josh Perelman PhD | Deputy Director
for Programming and Museum Historian | National Museum of American
Jewish History | 55 North 5th Street | Philadelphia, PA 19106 | p.
215.923.3811 x 103 | c. 215.266.3878 | www.nmajh.org |
www.nmajh.org/museumcam.html

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Josh Perelman TEL;WORK:215-923-3811 x103 ORG:;Curatorial TEL;PREF;FAX:215.923.0763 EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:[log in to unmask] N:Perelman;Josh TITLE:Deputy Director For Programming END:VCARD ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).