From:
Amanda Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:13:43 -0500
Hello All:

I am currently doing some space planning for an expansion of our
collections storage, and we are thinking about taking up some wall space
with rolled textile (quilt) storage.  I have done some research on
(prohibitively expensive) systems designed by museum storage furniture
firms, but now I would really be interested in seeing/hearing about some
less expensive options.  We have a great carpenter in town who we always
go to for exhibit furniture, collections storage, etc., and I would like
to present some pictures to him so that we can decide what to do.  Have
any of you know of any relatively inexpensive systems that you would be
willing to share?  I have set up a photo album called "Rolled Textile
Storage" in MuseDocs, or you can email the images directly to me at
[log in to unmask] and I can add them to the album myself, so
that everyone can see them, if that is okay with you.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Amanda Thompson Dyer
Curator
Bell County Museum