From:
Amanda Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:03:43 -0500
Hello All:

Our museum's collection of exhibition furniture and fixtures (cases,
vitrines, plexiglass barriers, etc.) has been slowly growing over the
years, and has now become large enough that we need to begin (a long
overdue) inventory and tracking system.  It has happened before that we
had something made by a carpenter and then later found something in
storage that would have done the trick!

I was thinking of just numbering the pieces, and then creating a simple
spreadsheet that lists dimensions, materials used, who built it & when,
storage location, etc.

I'm wondering if I'm being too simplistic about this, seeing that whatever
system I adopt will (hopefully) be used for years to come as our inventory
of exhibit furniture continues to grow.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'd be happy to hear them!

Thanks!
Amanda Thompson Dyer
Bell County Museum
Belton, TX