From:
Caroline Mitchell Carrico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 15:46:27 +0000
Hi Jamie,

I'm the main writer behind the Memphis Pink Palace Museum's blog: https://memphismuseums.wordpress.com/ We started our blog last spring as a joint venture between the marketing, collections and exhibits departments. We are in the midst of a major museum redesign, so I started out doing 250-500 word posts about the research I was doing. I've also done a small series about artistic representations of our museum. The post that got the most traffic was a Halloween post about disaster planning and zombies. I'm currently writing posts about things in our collection that I find interesting or collections that are related to current temporary exhibits or holidays. I try to write one a week as my other responsibilities allow. We distribute it through Twitter and Facebook. Our protocol is that one of the research staff writes the post and sends it to the marketing department to post on the blog. Marketing is responsible for the blog's administrative side and distribution.

Happy blogging!
Caroline

Caroline Mitchell Carrico
Exhibits Design Coordinator