From:
DAVID EBITZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:55:27 -0400
Colleagues,

The Marketplace of Ideas will
open again at the AAM meeting in Chicago.  I hope you will consider
sudmitting a proposal to include one of your education projects, programs or written
materials to share with fellow educators.  For further information, see
the attachment or the flyer below.

David Ebitz
MER coordinator
for the Marketplace of Ideas

The Standing
Professional Committee on Education (EdCom) of the

American
Association of Museums in collaboration with the

Museum Education
Roundtable (MER)

Call for Proposals for the 2007 Marketplace of
Ideas

and Read The Fine Print

Held at the 2007
AAM Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL on

Monday, May 14,
2007, from
3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

2007 Theme: This year's Marketplace will expand
upon the larger theme of the Annual Meeting, &quot;Why Museums Matter,&quot; and is
entitled

Museum
Education Matters: Current Trends in Museum
Education

As museum
education professionals and volunteers, we understand how and why museum
education matters. But are we doing an effective job of communicating this to
others? What are current trends in museum education that convey the value of
museum education to the public, the media, policy-makers and funders? What are
the key messages that we as a community are communicating, and need to
communicate?

How to
Participate

If you would like to participate
in the Marketplace and your project focuses on innovative programming within the
Museum context or would like to
showcase your new written piece (e.g., gallery guides, school brochures,
etc.) for EdCom's &quot;Read the Fine
Print&quot; publication showcase, please contact Nathan Richie, EdCom Chair for the 2007
Marketplace of Ideas, for an application
form.  Send emails to [log in to unmask]

Deadline

January 12,
2007

David Ebitz

Associate Professor of Art and Art Education

Coordinator, Museums and Cultural Institutions Option in Art Education

212 Arts Cottage

School of Visual Arts

Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802