From:
Elizabeth Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:02:42 -0500
I would not add anything to it for many reasons.  What I would do is:
treat it and inspect it to make sure there are no live infestations present
monitor it closely while on exhibit
monitor your room closely for pests
after it comes off exhibit inspect and treat as needed

Your IPM data should tell you what pests are present in the building already; if you aren't taking care of those already and you care about the condition of this specimen then I wouldn't put it out until you take care of the harmful wee beasties that are present.  Our building was built in the 1920's and was originally a school and while we have our challenges with pests, an intensive IPM and close monitoring and treatment of exhibit specimens has effectively limited our infestations.

Elizabeth Moore
Virginia Museum of Natural History