From:
"Curtis, Nan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:24:40 -0500
I've recently taken a position directing a college art museum housed in
the campus student union.  Most of my collection (valued at $36M) is
funded by a private endowment, and thereby not insured by the university
umbrella plan.  The collection had previously been insured at 74%.
However, a recent appraisal indicated a significant increase in the
collection value.  If we maintain our level of coverage, which we can
afford, we will only be insured at 51%.  I'm checking with institutions
with similar situations (hopefully) to try and benchmark levels of
insurance coverage.  At what percentage do you cover your collections?

Thanks

Nan Curtis
Director, Forsyth Center Galleries
Room 227, Memorial Student Center