From:
Albert Sperath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:39:27 -0500
Indispensable? I learned at the beginning of my career that that is a fallacy. Do your best and that may keep you where you want to be.

And listen well. Whether it is a mentor, guest, board president, director, they have something to communicate and it might be helpful.

One more thing, years ago I met a museum professional that shared an important trait she adopted. Do not say anything derogatory against other workers or colleagues, even in "secret." It will inevitably get back to them. It was too late for me, but I tried to keep that in mind from then on. Hard to do.

Albert Sperath, Retired