From:
Christy Mackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:45:41 -0400
To All:

ARGH!!!  I seem to have set off a fire storm with my misuse of the term
"organic material"....It was ME, not a conservator, who said we've been
advised to rid the House of all organic materials....I meant plant/animal
materials: straw, flowers, feathers, etc.  We very much appreciate the
comments and suggestions from conservators at other sites, and I think we
will settle into the plan of monitoring the existing staw mattress...and be
done with that concern!

With many thanks,

Christy

Christy Mackie

Historic Smithfield Plantation

Staff Interpreter/ Volunteer Coordinator

1000 Smithfield Plantation Road

Blacksburg,  VA   24060

p: 540-231-3947    f: 540-231-3006

www.smithfieldplantation.org