From:
Jennifer Tung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 09:46:31 EST5EDT
Amy:

I'm going to add my name to the list of GW students/alumni.  I
graduated the program in February 1995.  I would really recommend GW
simply because of its location: while other museum studies programs
may also have excellent profs, courses, etc., the proximity to the
Smithsonian, AAM, and other insitutions is beyond compare.  You will
find that many of your courses are held in these museums, taught by
professionals in the field with excellent contacts and experience.
For me, that really made the difference.  (I also considered the
program at the University of Toronto).

Marie Malaro is a highly skilled non-profit lawyer with years of
experience in the museum field.  She is a fantastic resource; try
talking about the program with her.

Finally, the suggestion about getting as much experience as you can
prior to grad school is a good one.  The job market in museums is a
scary, scary thing: a Master's doesn't by any means guarantee you
anything.  Good luck with your decisions.