From:
Sharon Koomler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:38:17 EST
Sasha,

We have done off-site program series for a variety of fees, but the most
important thing that we all need to remember is that we need to consider ALL staff
time, including "regular" staff as well as consulting staff. Don't be shy --
add up all of the costs involved, including your time, and ask for the real
costs of doing the program. We usually offer our "guest" staff $50 gift
certificates for our Museum Store for short programs and a more generous cash stipend
for full day programs.

My guess is that they have collected funds and can pay for your programs, or
will negotiate a reduced number of programs to fit the budget they have in
mind.  It's all kind of backwards!

Good luck!

Sharon Duane Koomler
Shaker Museum and Library