From:
安井 亮 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:19:00 +0900
FROM:Miyuki Yasui
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Currently, I am preparing a short article on museums of Porcelain and Ceramics
 who have homepages on the Web. I would be most pleased and grateful if some k
ind person could generously suggest me the names and the URLs of these museums
.
Currently, I am able to compile a list of Japanese manufacturers like Koransha
 of ARITA, , websites of the main manufacturing places such as TOKONAME, IMARI
, MINO, SETO, TOKI, and a couple of artists/ craftpeople, but very few museums
ites. (if you are interested in this list which I am compiling, let me know, I
 would be pleased to send you a asci-text with pleasure)

The only museumwebsites I found in Japan, at the moment, are shoes of Aichi Pr
efectural Ceramic Museum <www.pref.aichi.jp/touji> and  the Japan Folk Crafts
Museum in Tokyo  <www.race.u-tokyo.ac.jp/mingeikan/entrance.html> . The latter
's website contains a huge amount of information about their collection.

It would be nice to share information such like this with lovers of claywork o
n the Museum-L. So for everybody's share of interest, please forward your gene
rous suggestion on this Museum-L, "OKINI" (dialect for thank you very much in
Kyoto).

Yours very truly,

Miyuki
Miyuki Honbo-Yasui (Mrs.)