From:
Pamela Silvestri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:10:06 EDT

I choose not to answer your question as this has been a long and  continuing,
personal journey. But I will respond to some of what you write here  -because
you have little understanding of evolutionary theory and well,  I...though
only having had taken introductory courses in human evolution, am  fascinated by
it and had done much independent research.

Again, I find that you are quite stuck with the lineal thinking (which is  so
common) and unless you choose to expand your way of thinking...it will
continue to be difficult for you to understand evolution and many other things
too. Well, it was the study of human evolution that assisted me in breaking away
from lineal thinking and this opened up a whole new world for me.

Changes that occur via evolution, though sometimes beneficial (if even for  a
short time), can also result in other change (s) that may not be beneficial.
Evolution should not be always equated with 'advances'...as if a life form is
 striving to be a perfect being. Of course there are inherent parameters
(i.e.,  growth) for our species -that which vary within particular ranges and with
 relatively few exceptions. However, a mutation (s) may occur to change that,
and  as a result another species may arise.

So I just wanted to mention a few things here about your misconceptions and
biases regarding human evolution. And particularly your lineal thinking that
makes you believe that evolution means advancement. So I'm not going to
respond  to my having mentioned 'primitive traits'. Not all differences and 'tastes'
 among human populations are those which would be considered primitive
traits,  and that's about all I have to say on the subject here.

Ironically you refer to war as "primitive", yet evidence tells us that
throughout time it has been the rise of city-states that precipitated war.

And when lastly you write here about races and how we hate things that are
different from us...this so happens to be one of the main issues that I  have
with the Creation Museum...is that Adam and Eve are depicted with Caucasian
features.

Pam

In a message dated 6/17/2007 11:45:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,