From:
Julie Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:52:37 -0500
Good morning and sorry for the cross posting,

We are in the midst of transitioning between shows.  The painters noticed
that when they primed over a wall that had a rectangle of projection screen
paint on it, the primer bubbled up and did not seem to adhere to the
projection paint.    We have used this projection paint in the past but it
has been on large wooden boards that where then hung on or suspended from
the walls.  This is the first time we have painted directly onto a gallery
wall.

My gut tells me that we probably needed to sand the projection painted area
before priming but I was curious to hear from you all and see if there is
any other type of prep work that should be done before painting over
projection screen paint.

We have another exhibit up right now that is due to come down in early
January in which we used projection screen paint extensively.  I want to
make sure that transition goes as smooth as possible now that I have been
alerted to this possible issue.

Thanks!

--
*Julie Leone*