From:
murph the surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 01:12:07 +0100
Elizabeth Kidd wrote:

> I was
>hoping for interactivity of the type I had experienced with the PORT site at
>MIT.  Is anyone else having a difficult time?

The Documenta X (Kassel) site is probably the most interesting and
interactive. Catherine David, the director, has made a commitment to
exploring the possibilities of the Internet and there are a number of web
projects. As far as I know there is little performance like we had at PORT.
It's  difficult to find your way around the site and much of it is
incomplete at this point. We have higher hopes for Ars Electronica in
September.

Check out the BLAST Project (you need the new Cosmo VRML 2.0 plugin). It
was created by Marek Walczak and crew and has a VRML front end to a
database.
http://www.documenta.de/english/frm_more.htm

Geert Lovink and Pit Schultz of the NETTIME Mailiing List
have created *Hybrid* WorkSpace, an open media center,
during the duration of Documenta X. The project will then
move to the Berlin Bieniale next summer.
http://www.documenta.de/workspace

A Debate Forum has been initiated by director Catherine David
to discuss the concept of Documenta X as a "manifestation
culturelle".
To subscribe send a message to:
with the following line in the BODY of the message:
subscribe debate

A BLAST Forum on spatial articulations, perspectives, and
procedures is also in progress.
For information send a message to:
with the following line in the BODY of the message:
info blast

ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]    http://artnetweb.com
426 Broome Street, NYC 10013  212-925-1885
PORTatMIT: http://artnetweb.com/port/