From:
murph the surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:05:51 +0100
>extracted from the web at:
>http://nytsyn.com/live/News3/175_062497_104206_28719.html
>(see that web page for the complete story).
>Can we hope for a "Gates Museum Foundation" ??
>yours, David Bridge

Larry Ellison of Oracle was interviewed the  day that Gates made his
announcement and said he also has plans to make donations to institutions.
The good news is that this could start a competition for giving, the bad
news is that Microsoft and Oracle are working against each other and
libraries, museums and schools could end up the battleground. Whatever
happened to the National Information Infrastructure plans to aid
institutional accessibility and networking?

ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]    http://artnetweb.com
426 Broome Street, NYC 10013  212-925-1885
PORTatMIT: http://artnetweb.com/port/