From:
Martha Katz-Hyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:38:30 -0400
The following is posted at the request of Allan Montgomery, who is not a
member of Museum-L.  Please send all responses *directly to him* at
[log in to unmask]  Thank you.  Martha Katz-Hyman
***********************

Hi,  I'm teaching a Museum Studies II course at Mercyhurst College in Erie,
PA.  I taught this same course for 8 years at Shepherd University in West
Virginia and am now on my second year of teaching it at Mercyhurst.

 I have a student who has been accepted at two museum studies programs for
graduate work.  No, I'm sorry to report that neither of them is CGP.  She
has been accepted at both the University of Leicester's School of Museum
Studies and the University of Durham's Museum and Artifact Studies, both in
England.

 She likes a larger city but maybe not quite as big as Leicester but doesn't
know whether or not she'd like to be in a more rural area like Durham.
Also, she'd like to know more about what others think of each of these
programs.

 Will you please post this to the listserve and ask fellow professionals who
have some  knowledge and/or opinion about either or both graduate programs
to contact me at my email address which is    [log in to unmask]

 Thanks very much.

Allan Montgomery