From:
Tim Bottoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:25:48 -0500
Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed.  Then I
look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of
their hopes and dreams.  If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of
work, and their dreams would be shattered.  I think, "It is better to drink
this beer and let their dreams come true, than be selfish and worry about
my liver."

Babe Ruth

- - - - - -

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with the
fools in his life.

Ernest Hemingway

- - - - - -

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Paul Hornung

- - - - - -

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.  Coincidence?  I think not.

H.L. Mencken

- - - - - -

When we drink, we get drunk.  When we get drunk, we fall asleep.  When we
fall asleep, we commit no sin.  When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

George Bernard Shaw

- - - - - -

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Benjamin Franklin

- - - - - -

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel
does not go nearly as well with pizza.

Dave Barry

- - - - - -

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

W.C. Fields

- - - - - -
Beer:  helping white guys dance, since 1632.

- - - - - -

Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser.

Professor Irwin Corey

- - - - - -

To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a support group.  Salvation in a can!

Leo Durocher

- - - - - -

One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the "Buffalo Theory" to his
buddy, Norm.  "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this.  A herd of buffalo can
only move as fast as the slowest buffalo.  And when the herd is hunted, it
is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.  This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general
speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing
of the weakest members.  In much the same way, the human brain can only
operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as
we know, kills brain cells.  But naturally, it attacks the slowest and
weakest brain cells first.  In this way, regular consumption of beer
eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine!  That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers..

...as if you needed to rationalize beer-drinking!

Timothy S. Bottoms · Registrar · Cape Fear Museum · 814 Market Street ·
Wilmington, NC  28401 · 910.341.4350 x 3011 · 910.341.4037 (fax) ·

NOTICE:  E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to
the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties
by an authorized county official.