Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 07:30:08 -0700

Masked
-Darth Vader, Zorro, Ziggy Stardust & You!

Opening on May 19, 2009, the International Museum Studies Masters Program is presenting an exhibit about the different uses of masks and the transformation of faces at the Museum of World Culture in Gothenburg, Sweden. As a springboard we are using masks from the ethnographic collections of the Museum of World Culture, to dive into the larger world of the masks we all wear. Several of the objects shown have never previously been displayed to the public.

The International Museum Studies Program at Gothenburg University is a renowned program with students coming from 18 countries within the global cultural sector. The program is within the Department of Museion, a faculty housed at the Museum of World Culture, which was recently awarded with the title “Museum of the Year 2009”.

In connection with the exhibition we are also arranging a variety of events for people of all ages, and with all interests. The opening event; “Find the New Side of You”, will launch the exhibition. This event will be held at the Museum of World Culture on May 19, 2009, from 18:00- 20:00, an occasion of festive exploration to come as you are, or as who you want to be!

Yours Sincerely,

Marketing Team

International Museum Studies,
Gothenburg University