From:
Gina Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:51:25 -0700
Howdy all. I am looking for information on what to do with old chalkboards.
We have green and blackboards in our 1920s era school (our museum), which is
on the National Register. Our "staff" consists of 10 volunteers, including
myself.  We have a tiny operating budget (under 5k per year). We are
planning on covering the boards with plexiglass to preserve them, especially
those with old writing on them. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Any better
ideas? Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. By the way, the
museum does not have climate control, and is located in south central
Arizona (very dry and hot). Thanks very much. Gina