From:
Mary Parr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:34:29 -1000
Dear List:

At the Kona Coffee Living History Farm in Kona, Hawaii  we are contemplating applying old newspapers to the walls of our 1920's farm house. This was common practice among farmers in this aera.  My concern is that most wallpaper pastes, including archival ones are vegetable based.  This seems like it would be attractive to cockroaches, termites and other critters.  We are in a constant battle with these villains here in the tropics.  Does anyone have a suggestion or experiences to share regarding archival wallpaper paste. Thanks.

Aloha:

Mary Parr, Collections Manager
Kona Historical Society