From:
Marie DiBartolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:41:18 -0400
Ciao Angelica,

Sono Marie DiBartolo and we have something in common.  I am an American who
loves Italy.  Ho studiato al'Italia per qualche mese, da settembre al maggio
scorso.  As you can see, il mio italiano non e' perfetto pero, io provo.  Ho
practicavo durante i miei studi, pero era difficile. Whoa! sorry if I just
offended you with that.  I did study Italian for years, but I am afraid to
speak as I am sure that it was hard for you to speak in English for the
first time.

Anyway, I can relate to your urge to come back to the States because I felt
the same way about Italy.  I studied there three years ago and returned this
past year to study Art History also.  I too feel that since my entire family
immigrated to the United States from Italy that it was part of my DNA to
return.

Unfortunately, I think Americans have the same attitude towards artwork that
you describe as being characteristic of Italians.  America does have an
amazing collection of modern work, but very little funding to support it.
That is because the majority of taxpayers do not want their money diverted
to such programs as cultural enrichment.  It is an endless controversy in
the United States.  Fortunately, there are people like us who will try to
convince them anyway.

I have opened a few e-mails with other websites to go to for job
opportunities.  There is: www.artstaffing.com and www.globalmuseum.org.
I am going to try also because like you, I am looking for employment in the
art world.

spero' che ci parliamo dopo,

Marie DiBartolo
former Italy inhabitant