From:
Cass Karl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 12:32:32 -0500
Hello All!
I have been asked to look into the cost of getting an interactive touch
screen kiosk for our museum.  We have, as part of one of our exhibits, a
local veteran's memorial of sorts, which consists of photos of veterans with
their name, branch of service, and birth/death dates posted on the wall.  It
is a very popular part of the museum, and people really enjoy looking for
friends, relatives, schoolmates, etc.  The problem is that we are facing a
severe lack of space in that area (there is no good way to expand it), and
we recently got the final photo that will comfortably fit.  One solution
that has been proposed and well received is an interactive kiosk that will
allow people to search for an individual by name or branch of service, or
simply view a slideshow of the images with captions.  There are many options
for kiosks out there- few of which I truly understand, because I have never
purchased or set up something like this.  Any advice about brands, software,
cost, etc. would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-Cass
Casandra Karl
Director
Mission Historical Museum