From:
Donna Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:53:10 EDT
Please excuse duplication, this message has been posted to Museum-L and
Archives-L.  Thanks.

Colleagues:

My office has recently undertaken a large object (artifact) numbering
project.  We have been previously advised to use Staedtler MarsMatic
Technical Fountain Pens for the marking.  My question then is, what solutions
are readily available to protect the marking?  Ideally, this would be one
that does not damage the object or rub off.

Any guidance is welcomed.  Please reply directly to me
([log in to unmask]) -- note, that's a number 1 after the dhamilt.

Thanks,

Donna Hamilton
Historian
FDA History Office