From:
Christine Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:26:11 -0500
Hans, David, et al,

Perhaps the source of misunderstanding regarding the "library re-naming
issue" lies in this statement by David:

>I'd suggest that Anita find a creative title to express the unique
>qualities and
>strengths of her particular library, rather than try to invent a generic
>euphemism to rename all libraries.

It was my understanding that responses to Anita's original post were
directed at the problem she posed, a new name for the specific library of
her clients.  I don't believe we were making suggestions for renaming all
libraries.  If that were the case, however, perhaps David's response would
have been appropriate, if a little harshly stated.

Just my opinion,

Cris Wolf

Collections Manager
UIHC Medical Museum