From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 11:47:08 -0700
Yes!

And also that a major principle in preventive conservation and collections
management is to separate food and cooking from the collections as much as
possible. So perhaps you change the breakroom / food location to another
area, if you can. You restrict cooking to a microwave and that at the end of
the day, ALL trash is removed, regardless of how full the trash can is.

If the odor of food and cooking can reach the collections / exhibits areas
then you have to assume that the pests, who have far higher developed senses
of smell, also smell it too!

Cheers!
Dave