From:
Liesl Jonker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 13:40:30 +1100
The Museum of Victoria is currently faced with a move to a new building
by the year 2000. Consequently we are being asked now, what types of
storage we need for the Natural History collections, in my case, the
ichthyology collection. Faced with the prospect of perhaps finally having
adequate housing which allows easy and safe access to the collection I
would like to find out more about how other institutions store their
fish, and other wet collections. Could people please send me information
as to how their collections are stored, specifically, dimensions, whether
it is compactus or fixed units, what type of shelving is in the units and
the advantages/disadvantages with the collection storage. We are really
looking for an innovative storage method that may even expedite the
enormous task of shifting the collection. But this could be asking too
much.....
Anyhow, it would be great to get some feedback on this via email or
snail-mail.
Liesl Jonker

Liesl Jonker                            Ph: 61 3 669 9025
Ichthyology                             Fax: 61 3 663 3669
Museum of Victoria                      Email: [log in to unmask]
328 Swanston St
Melbourne 3000
Victoria
AUSTRALIA