From:
Alex Avdichuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:38:00 -0500
Hear, hear.  And just to make a point:

On the sixth day God turned to the angel Gabriel and said "Today I am going
to create a land called Canada. It will be a land of outstanding natural
beauty, it shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats and
eagles, beautifully sparkling lakes bountiful with carp and trout, forests
full of elk and moose, high cliffs over looking sandy beaches with an
abundance of sea life, rivers stocked with salmon.."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich in oil so to make the
inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, they shall
be known as the most friendly people on the Earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to
these Canadians?"

"Not really," replied the Almighty, "just wait and see the neighbors I am
going to give them!"

Feel free to be offended.  I was, at Robert Handy's moronic comment
masquerading as "good natured fun".

Alex Avdichuk

"The opinions expressed here are definitely my own, and if you don't like
them, get some of your own."

Sorry if I sound cranky, but Canadians are extremely proud of being
different to Americans.  Not better or worse, different.  As a Canadian
living in the US I get downright tired of the patronizing "aren't we all
the same?"  Nope, we aren't.
Susan J. Wittrup
Volunteer Coordinator
Tate Geological Museum
Casper College
Casper WY 82604
"Robert T. Handy" wrote:
> What?!!!  I thought Canada was just another state in the Union!  Are
Canadians different from us?  :=>