From:
Bill Mulligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:06:23 -0500
        Please, it was not that long a message and many people, I'm sure, found it
interesting and informative.  One major purpose of the list and the web is
disseminating information quickly to large numbers of widely dispersed
people.  We cannot reduce the use of the web to the lowest level of
technology potentailly in the loop without giving up a large part of this
potential.  I found the complaint to be rather mean spirited and much more
of a problem than the post.

At 08:35 AM 7/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>And I think people here in the US tend to forget that people in other
>countries pay for each minute of telephone time they use, long distance or
>local.  This means that if you are paying per minute for an on-line
>service, you also are paying for the phone time used to connected to the
>service as well.  A couple of minutes to download something for us in the
>US with free (well, not really but that's another story) phone time and
>flat-rate on-line time isn't a big deal.  For someone who has to pay per
>minute for both, it can add up quick.
>
>Deb Fuller

>Staples &  Charles Ltd.
>225 N Fairfax St.
>Alexandria, VA 22314
>USA
>703-683-0900 - voice
>703-683-2820 - fax

William H. Mulligan, Jr. [[log in to unmask]]
Associate Professor of History
Director - Forrest C. Pogue Public History Institute
Murray State University - Murray, KY 42071-0009
Phone:(502) 762-6571 Fax:(502) 762-6587
Pogue Institute web site:
http://campus.murraystate.edu/academic/faculty/Bill.Mulligan/Index.htm
Personal web site: