From:
Jaap Boter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 1994 21:13:29 +0100
Dear list members,

Whilst lecturing Arts Administration & -Management at Utrecht University,
I have also embarked on a piece of research for a PhD degree. As I will be
in the US in November, I would like to meet up with people who are working
in a field related to my research subject.

My research subject concerns variables for segmenting the arts audiences. So
far, the potential arts audience has always been described in terms of
income and education. However, as the definition and use of "art" has
widened, the traditional variables of income and education are no longer
effective. Also, with the rise of marketing in the arts world, more precise
methods of establishing target groups are necessary.

Main aim of my research is to test whether *lifestyle segmentation* or
psychographics would be more accurate in predicting arts consumption (both
whether one would be an arts consumer as well as what discipline of arts).

I would be very interested to meet up with other researchers, lecturers or
practitioners who are involved in some related subject. If you would be
available for a meeting, or know someone I should talk to, please contact me
at my private email address: [log in to unmask]

Jaap Boter

[log in to unmask]             |  Life is like a sewer; what you get
Arts Administration & -Management |  out of it, depends on what you put
Utrecht University                |  into it. [Tom Lehrer]