From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 07:29:51 -0400
We have a great many flags and regimental "colours" in our collection.
Like all textiles, they require careful conservation. I strongly
recommend you contact our experienced textile conservator Helen Holt at

Helen is VERY good and always willing to help.

With respect to displaying the flag, I see nothing immoral about doing
that but I think this is a case where you should be guided by the need
for conservation (Good grief! Did I really say that? Eeek! The
conservators are getting through to me!!!)

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Program Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
  Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]