From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 11:20:22 -0700
Doug,

I like your definition.  Thanks

One may question..what principles?  What beliefs, etc.?  ICOM or
AMA?   Would the Disneyland concept be a museum, or a play
school for children be a museum in a mall?  Some may question
you don't have to have a collection...but take on traveling or
rented exhibits......so these were problems I was having on
defining what exactly theory is.

Too, I think the visitor, unique community, mission, staff, board,
etc., too, plays a part in defining the museum (theory), because
each museum is unique unto it self.   Just thoughts...and would
appreciate more from you.  Thanks!!!

John Martinson
Port Hadlock, WA