From:
Terry Vidal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 15:03:09 -0500
As long as we're bringing up some of this fun stuff, I need to mention my
favorite bar.  Located in Missoula, MT., the 'Rhino' has a number of oddities
appropriate to this important thread ;-D.  A plaster (fake taxidermy) black
rhino is crashing through the west wall of the establishment, pushing aside
bricks and mortar, getting stuck at the shoulder.  Of course, no evidence of
it's behind can be seen in the alleyway whence the charge began.  However,
mounted on the wall, not far from the horn of the rhino's snout, is the
taxidermied behind of a white-tail deer, in its' distress pose.  Interestingly,
after a long night of jubulation, without a doubt, one will see that behind
sporting an empty bottle of ale or lager.  Of course the next day, neither hide
nor _hare_ of said bottle will be found.  Think of the implications!

Actually, the quaint bars of the world are in effect museums of their own sort.
With intriguing objects making up the decor, these bars are sites where
the free exchange of diverse ideas are found and offered.  Staffed by
professionals, open all hours to the public, with consumable and permanent
collections, and I'll conjecture that many of these bars barely turn a profit,
it seems that certain definitions become ambigious.  The best thing is, no
labels to read!  :-)

T.Q. Vidal

CHEERS