From:
Mary Margaret Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 15:48:04 -0400
Displaying the flag at your site before sending it to a more appropriate
institution is a good opportunity to enlighten the local community on many
of the more problematic aspects of dealing with an existing collection.

The story of how the flag was found and how it ended up in your collection
should be a story of local interest. It will give you a chance to explain
why it is more appropriate that it go State Archives, hopefully educating
your constituents and avoiding any bad feelings. A "local boy" makes it big
story, perhaps.