From:
Jeanne Finan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 09:37:28 -0500
It is interesting reading these responses. I imagine we might get a very
different "reading" if those on this list were primarily trustees of museums.
I think this is often a conflict (and may be becoming more so) between
trustees and staff (directors). Trustees are looking for that miracle MBA who
will come in and save the day (which often means raise all the money so they
won't need to) and museum professionals are still looking at museums as
mission, collections, programs, profession. What we need are some good tools,
education to bridge this growing gap or it will be not only disaster for
museum professionals but for museums themselves. Response??

Jeanne Finan