From:
Stacie Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 10:03:31 -0600
We are looking at options to cover some of our single-pane windows in the
original part of our building to block UV when we reinstall the gallery.  I
was considering using UV film, but someone I have been consulting with said
the the newer and better recommendation from conservators is to use
Bronze-colored plexiglas that blocks 75-90% of visible light.

I was wondering if any of you were familiar with the Bronze-colored plexi
and have used it.  Does it change the color of light much, is it effective,
is it difficult to install.  Also what manufacturers have you worked with.
These windows, which are up along the ceiling, provide much of the light for
the gallery.  I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Stacie

Stacie Petersen
Registrar