Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 11:25:25 -0700
I record on my DVR box (TIVO type) veritably all of the Huell Howser shows on PBS and watch them as time permits.  I just watched one of his shows from the "Visiting With Huell Howser" shows called Diorama.  It  was excellent, and I recommend it to any who have dioramas, natural history type exhibits, or are interested in creating one.  In my mind, it would be a great movie to show for educational purposes at one's museum showing the behind the scenes work that goes into putting such exhibits together.  Included in the movie were things concerning the taxidermy and how the scenes are painted to give perspective.  Very informative.

  If you're interested, see http://calgold.com/visiting/ and look for #1505.  This episode was filmed at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History and was quite a treat to observe.