From:
ed sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:08:48 -0700
Greetings From the Southwest Museum of Engineering, Communications and Computation in Glendale Arizona!!

For a cheap supply of lights make friends with a demolition company.

Here in Arizona they just scrapped valley west mall ( Manistee center). I was fortunate that the demo king of the project was a friend of our engineering museum!

The raiding was  intense!

 We netted van loads of material for building display cases, lights, wire conduit and....

just had to stop by the blue print room in the mall.....

just as water was seeping in.... just as metal pieces were coming through the roof tiles.....

Yes I got all the blue prints for the orig. layout of the mall as well as the several following  renovations that  happened over the years!

( tomb raiding is awesome!)

The blue prints have been offered to the local historical society to archive ( in trade for a few manikins we desperately need to sit behind and operate some telephone switchboards, but they seem to have them all in use....

soooo... still need some manikins ( local ones!)

Heh Heh! now that I have all of these great  building materials, wire and fixtures I need to spend next week converting the raw materials into more display cases and applied lighting scenarios!

" Indianina"   Ed Sharpe archivist for smecc