From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:05:33 -0300
Best security you can have for backups in my opinion is a small external
harddrive that does not live on site and is not connected to any servers.
If the database is active, bring it in once a week and download the backup.

i have always simply used space on my own little portable harddrive, but I
am also the only real user at my job. It has saved us TWICE from major
database crashes that erased all our data and images from the servers. I
was told before the crashes that I was being insanely paranoid.. even after
the first crash I was told oh no, the data is as safe as it possibly could
be with our server back ups...

Never believe it. When in doubt make another back up. An external drive can
be bought for under $100,  a small price to pay for such security.