From:
Andy Stupperich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:52:56 -0500
Karen:

The St. Louis Art Museum is conserving its circa 1850 panorama of the
Mississippi River Valley.  Last summer, conservators worked on the
panorama in SLAM's changing exhibit gallery.  At appointed times
conservators would answer questions posed by visitors about their work.
The project is ongoing and another exhibition is planned for this
summer.  Contact the museum for more information. (I was just a visitor
whose main interest was seeing the panorama).

http://www.slam.org/exhibitions/panorama.php

Andy Stupperich

Hello listers,

I'm interested in examples of museums and archives that have exhibited
preservation and/or active conservation treatments. By that, I mean
placed the actual processing or treatment "on display" - either
physically or virtually - and included collections staff and
conservators. Can anyone cite such a project and preferably provide a
url?

NMAH's Star Spangled Banner project comes close - but the actual
treatment process was not on display.  The California Academy of
Sciences Project Lab is an example of what I'm seeking -
http://www.calacademy.org/academy/exhibits/projectlab/.

Thanks everyone!

-Karen

Karen Kroslowitz