From:
Pamela Silvestri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:38:57 EST

Hi Marielle,

Your immediate thoughts and consideration for the collections - in the  event
that a bottle breaks or leakage occurs, of course is right on. There  usually
is no benefit to retaining contents of a container such as this in a  museum,
and any potential benefit is not worth the possible risks - which  can
clearly be foreseen.

If the bottle is to be used for an exhibit in the future and  would look more
presentable with a liquid in it...you could always add  water (and of course
use precautions to prevent a mishap).

With this and other feedback, if you are still uncertain about emptying the
contents...you do have the benefit of having had two of these donated so
perhaps  you can empty one bottle and safely store the other.

Of course don't drink the wine! If the donor believes the wine is no
good...don't drink it! Well, I guess it depends on their definition of 'no  good'.
Perhaps someone had become ill? Otherwise, if just the matter that the  taste
didn't appeal to them, this is a subjective opinion of course. Perhaps we  could
convince David Lewis to try a sample? (no sah, just kiddin! I couldn't  help
myself, had to say that!).

Good luck Marielle and I hope all is well there! Pam

In a message dated 1/11/2007 8:50:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,