From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 1994 09:49:18 CST
On Fri, 22 Jul 1994 14:17:01 -0400,
Biltmore Estate  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In particular, I am looking for case studies of historic properties that
>may not be state-run, but instead are owned by private trusts or owned by
>private owners and kept open to the public.

Scott, You may know of the several privately owned National Register
Properties in Natchez MS . . . they are periodically open to the public via
the Daughters of the Confederacy (I think) and the Natchez Garden Club(s).
Several are operated on regular schedules, others as B&Bs, one or two are
owned by the state. Good contacts include Ron & Mimi Miller in Natchez and
Gregg Free in Austin TX.  Good luck with your efforts,    JIM

cott